Our parks are open but…….
Recommendations for Park Users on Observing Social Distancing Minimums
There are a number of specific recommendations for advising the public to keep safe social distancing when in parks
CHILDREN SHOULD NOT USE PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT AND NO PARK USERS SHOULD GATHER IN GROUPS.
• Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to heading to parks — wash hands, carry hand sanitizer, do not use parks if you have symptoms, cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, etc.
• Observe at all times CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of six feet from other people. Practice it and know what it looks like. Keep it as you walk, run or play with those from outside your home setting.
• Warn other park users of your presence and as you pass to allow proper distance and step off sidewalks or path to allow others to pass, keeping minimum recommended distances at all times.
• Note that park users may find seasonal, portable public restrooms closed — be prepared before you leave and time outings so that you are not dependent on public restrooms.
• Bring water or drinks — public drinking fountains may be disabled and should not be used, even if operable.
The Borough is continuing to operate but will discontinue public access to our building….
No Public Access Due to Coronavirus
For the safety of our employees, as of 4:30 p.m. on 3/18/20 until at least 3/30/20 all borough business must be conducted by phone, email or U.S. mail.
For parking ticket payments call our Finance Department at 412-593-5581 or visit our web site www.wilkinsburgpa.gov
All Code Dept. Permit payments must be made using a credit card by phone at 412-242-7251. You must have an address, approved permit number and amount when you call in to pay.
Non-urgent payments can be made with a check via U.S. Mail.
All documents must be submitted electronically or via U.S. mail. Contact the appropriate department by phone for an email address to submit documents.
You can ask your Borough contact about dropping documents on-site.
General Email Questions;
Wilkinsburg Borough offices will re-open (not libraries) on Tuesday 3/17.
We encourage you to call ahead if you are dealing with a permitting issue/412-244-2923. People will not be entering the Code Office and will be asked to wait in the hallway while Code Staff retrieves information. If your matter is not timely PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE OFFICES. Most things can wait.
Reminder that you can pay parking tickets on-line at
or with a credit card by phone to our Finance Department
If you have a general question feel free to email us at email@example.com
Many other questions can be answered at our web site
ALL PUBLIC MEETINGS FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE MONTH ARE CANCELLED.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Stay informed about the Corona Virus.
For Corona Virus information from the Federal Government Click Here
For Corona Virus updates from Allegheny County Click Here
In case you missed it, here’s February’s issue of Archives. Lincoln’s Birthday edition.
The 2020 Recycling Calendar is now available.
We are seeking applications from Wilkinsburg residents of Ward 2 to fill this vacant position.
To apply, send a letter of interest and a resume to Donn Henderson, Borough Manager, 605 Ross Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221. We will be accepting applicants no later than 4:30 p.m., Friday, December 27, 2019. Applicants will be asked to give a three-minute presentation to full Council at the Council Re-organization meeting on January 6th at 6 p.m.
Letters should be sent to the Borough Administration office by Friday, Dec. 27, 2019. Interested applicants should be prepared to speak at the Jan. 6th meeting at 6 p.m.
Applicants with a minimum of one year residency in Ward 2 may apply.
Ward Map Below:
We are seeking applications from Wilkinsburg residents of Ward 3 to fill this vacant position.
To apply, send a letter of interest and a resume to Donn Henderson, Borough Manager, 605 Ross Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221. We will be accepting applicants no later than 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, November 19th. Applicants will be asked to give a three-minute presentation to full Council the following Wednesday, November 20th at 7pm.
Applicants with a minimum of one year residency in Ward 3 may apply.
Ward map below: