The 2020 Recycling Calendar is now available.
We are seeking applications from Wilkinsburg residents of Ward 2 to fill this vacant position.
To apply, send a letter of interest and a resume to Donn Henderson, Borough Manager, 605 Ross Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221. We will be accepting applicants no later than 4:30 p.m., Friday, December 27, 2019. Applicants will be asked to give a three-minute presentation to full Council at the Council Re-organization meeting on January 6th at 6 p.m.
Letters should be sent to the Borough Administration office by Friday, Dec. 27, 2019. Interested applicants should be prepared to speak at the Jan. 6th meeting at 6 p.m.
Applicants with a minimum of one year residency in Ward 2 may apply.
Ward Map Below:
We are seeking applications from Wilkinsburg residents of Ward 3 to fill this vacant position.
To apply, send a letter of interest and a resume to Donn Henderson, Borough Manager, 605 Ross Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221. We will be accepting applicants no later than 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, November 19th. Applicants will be asked to give a three-minute presentation to full Council the following Wednesday, November 20th at 7pm.
Applicants with a minimum of one year residency in Ward 3 may apply.
Ward map below:
Electronic Recycling is scheduled for October 19, 2019 at 8am – 1pm. at Wilkinsburg Department of Public Works. Please bring your old electronics to 1230 Park Avenue to discard. There is a $5 minimum donation for each item.
Important Wilkinsburg Leaf Collection Information for Fall of 2019
• Leaf Collection will take place from October 28th until December 6th.
• Leaves will be picked up in paper bags only at the curb or piled loose above the curb (not in the street), on your regularly scheduled street sweeper day subject to possible delays due to inclement weather or staffing issues.
• Piling leaves in the street is prohibited and bad for the storm drains. The street sweeper is not designed to pick up piles of leaves.
• Leaf bags with sticks and branches will not be picked up/See brush clean up dates below.
• Leaves in plastic bags WILL NOT be picked up by the Borough.
• Paper bags are available at the libraries at 605 Ross and Eastridge at the cost of 5 for $1 OR .25 EACH during library hours from 10/21-12/6. You will be asked to give your name and address. Also available at Administration office during regular business hours.
• After Dec. 6th paper leaf bags will be picked up by calling the Department of Public Works (DPW) and leaving an address and estimate of the number of bags or email the Borough at firstname.lastname@example.org . DPW 412-244-2959. Bags will be picked up based on staffing availability and weather issues. They might not be picked up same day as reported. Reporting before 10 am will improve the chance of same day pick up.
• IMPORTANT; LEAVES CAN BE PLACED AFTER DEC. 6TH IN YOUR REGULAR GARBAGE COLLECTION-NO MORE THAN 5 PLASTIC BAGS UNDER 30 LBS. each. No branches or brush in leaves.
Fall Yard Waste Collection Date-November 16, 2019
Spring Yard Waste Collection-April 25, 2020
Curbside collection of cut trees, branches, bagged leaves and brush
This Saturday is our Electronic Recycling event. Bring down your old electronic waste to our Public Works garage between 8am – 1pm. Donations are requested depending on the items you bring.
Borough offices will be closed July 4th in observance of Independence Day
Borough Offices will be closed on Monday, May 27, 2019.