Important Wilkinsburg Leaf Collection Information for Fall of 2019
• Leaf Collection will take place from October 28th until December 6th.
• Leaves will be picked up in paper bags only at the curb or piled loose above the curb (not in the street), on your regularly scheduled street sweeper day subject to possible delays due to inclement weather or staffing issues.
• Piling leaves in the street is prohibited and bad for the storm drains. The street sweeper is not designed to pick up piles of leaves.
• Leaf bags with sticks and branches will not be picked up/See brush clean up dates below.
• Leaves in plastic bags WILL NOT be picked up by the Borough.
• Paper bags are available at the libraries at 605 Ross and Eastridge at the cost of 5 for $1 OR .25 EACH during library hours from 10/21-12/6. You will be asked to give your name and address. Also available at Administration office during regular business hours.
• After Dec. 6th paper leaf bags will be picked up by calling the Department of Public Works (DPW) and leaving an address and estimate of the number of bags or email the Borough at email@example.com . DPW 412-244-2959. Bags will be picked up based on staffing availability and weather issues. They might not be picked up same day as reported. Reporting before 10 am will improve the chance of same day pick up.
• IMPORTANT; LEAVES CAN BE PLACED AFTER DEC. 6TH IN YOUR REGULAR GARBAGE COLLECTION-NO MORE THAN 5 PLASTIC BAGS UNDER 30 LBS. each. No branches or brush in leaves.
Fall Yard Waste Collection Date-November 16, 2019
Spring Yard Waste Collection-April 25, 2020
Curbside collection of cut trees, branches, bagged leaves and brush
This Saturday is our Electronic Recycling event. Bring down your old electronic waste to our Public Works garage between 8am – 1pm. Donations are requested depending on the items you bring.
Borough offices will be closed July 4th in observance of Independence Day
Borough Offices will be closed on Monday, May 27, 2019.
Would you like to be notified via text for community updates, alerts and more?
Sign up below.
We won’t spam you, we promise!
Anyone who uses Ardmore Blvd or Penn Avenue near the Wilkinsburg exit of the parkway should be aware of this information. There will be delays.
Ardmore Wall Project Traffic Restrictions:
As part of the Ardmore Wall Revitalization project, traffic restrictions will be implemented starting April 22, 2019, lasting up to 12 weeks. Drivers traveling north on Ardmore Blvd will be restricted to one lane between Franklin Ave and Penn Ave. Left turns from Ardmore Blvd onto South Ave will not be permitted, and drivers will turn left at Franklin Ave using the posted detour route.
The project is part of a two-phase gateway improvement project that includes refacing and repairs to the wall, re-establishing sidewalks, green-space improvements and a welcome sign. The Borough has spent the last two years acquiring and demolishing vacant properties above the wall as part of the project.
The Wall repairs are made possible with the support of State Senator Jay Costa and State Representative Ed Gainey using a grant from the Pa. Commonwealth Financing agency Multi-Modal Transportation funds of $350,000 and matching funds of $306,000 from a Borough bond issue.
The improvements to the green space and park area above the wall are made possible by a $475,000 grant through the Department of Community and Economic Development Keystone Communities Program.
Work on the Ardmore Wall is being performed by Golon Inc. of Pittsburgh. All phases of the project are expected to be completed in 2019.