Permits for Use

Parks and Parking Lots

A permit is required for the use of Borough Parks Parks/Playgrounds, the Penn Avenue Parklet, and any Borough-owned Parking lots for parties and events. Permits are reviewed by the Parks and Recreation Board at their monthly meeting, so please submit your request in a timely manner.

Wilkinsburg’s Parks and Public Spaces can be used for a variety of private or public events. Such events are subject to an application process and approval by the Parks and Recreation Board. Some events may require additional approval from the Police, Fire Department, or Borough Council.

Park Permit Application

Street Closures

A permit is required for Street Closures for block parties, parades, etc. Applications require the approval of Council, so please submit your application no less than 2 weeks in advance of your planned event, and at least 2 weeks prior to the next scheduled Council meeting.

Street Closure Permit Application


Contact Parks and Recreation

**YOU CANNOT RESERVE A PARK/PLAYGROUND WITH THIS FORM** If you have general questions for the Parks and Recreation Board, comments about a Park or public space, etc. you can leave them here. Please be sure to be detailed, as this helps us respond in a more timely fashion.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.