Our Parks during COVID-19
Our parks are open but…….
Recommendations for Park Users on Observing Social Distancing Minimums
There are a number of specific recommendations for advising the public to keep safe social distancing when in parks
CHILDREN SHOULD NOT USE PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT AND NO PARK USERS SHOULD GATHER IN GROUPS.
• Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to heading to parks — wash hands, carry hand sanitizer, do not use parks if you have symptoms, cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, etc.
• Observe at all times CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of six feet from other people. Practice it and know what it looks like. Keep it as you walk, run or play with those from outside your home setting.
• Warn other park users of your presence and as you pass to allow proper distance and step off sidewalks or path to allow others to pass, keeping minimum recommended distances at all times.
• Note that park users may find seasonal, portable public restrooms closed — be prepared before you leave and time outings so that you are not dependent on public restrooms.
• Bring water or drinks — public drinking fountains may be disabled and should not be used, even if operable.